Links to related and cooperating projects and networks, ordered alphabetically.
- Intellectual Encounters
- Aquinas and 'the Arabs'
- Arabic and Latin Glossary
- Arabic and Middle Eastern Electronic Library (AMEEL)
- Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies (COMSt)
- Islamic Manuscripts at Michigan
- Rational Sciences in Islam: An Initiative for the Study of Philosophy and the Mathematical Sciences in Islam
- The Schedula diversarum artium – a digital critical Edition
- Sharing Ancient Wisdoms (SAWS)
Intellectual Encounters is a new virtual framework for studying the intellectual and multi-cultural legacy of the medieval Islamic world. Led by three renowned academics from Israel, Palestine, the U.S. and Germany, the project incorporates high-quality resources and the latest technology to foster interdisciplinary research and greater cross-cultural understanding. The project’s website is first and foremost a virtual library of medieval philosophical texts with a broad array of research tools that highlight interconnections among medieval philosophical writings. The website also incorporates technology that enables contemporary academics, and – in the future – educated laypeople, from diverse backgrounds to discuss these medieval texts in several languages. Finally, Intellectual Encounters aims to promote greater academic collaboration through a series of related graduate courses and research programs to take place at universities in the U.S., Europe, and the Middle East.
If you wish to have your projected included in this list, please contact Jochen Baumbach.